Office365 SharePoint - SharePoint Start Page Changes
SharePoint Start Page Changes. Including title swap/new start page/IE9 incompatibility.
Changes to the SharePoint Start Page:
A custom title labeled “SIUE SharePoint" has been added to the Office 365 start page. The new tile bypasses the SharePoint start page. The current SharePoint tile can be hidden and the custom tile can be pinned to the app launcher.
It is not currently possible for hide/pin to be pushed to all users yet. It has to be done per account. Microsoft has an admin feature in development that should allow us to make the change globally. The ETA for this feature is currently unknown. This tile swap only needs to be done as-needed.
The tile swap resolves the following issues:
1. I get a blank page when clicking the SharePoint tile (IE9 incompatibility)
2. I can’t find the link the main SharePoint site (link moved to Links in left column)
3. I want to go directly to SharePoint and bypass this SharePoint start page
To swap tiles:
1. Unpin SharePoint from app launcher
a. Click Grid Icon > Click the ellipsis on the SharePoint tile > click Unpin from app launcher
2. Click View all my apps
3. Click the ellipsis in the corner of SIUE SharePoint > click Pin to app launcher
4. Click the Grid icon > Click and drag SIUE SharePoint into the spot you want.
5. End result (the new tile will go directly to the https://siuecougars.sharepoint.com)