ITS Help Desk - eLert e-ID Password Reset Tool
If you forget your SIUE e-ID password, you can use the eLert e-ID password reset tool to get a new password using the phone number you have on file with the eLert system. Here is a step-by-step guide to using the tool:
- Visit the SIUE e-ID Creation and Maintenance page at siue.edu/eid.
- If you do not know your last working password, select the option "I have an e-ID but I forgot my password (New options available)" and click Continue.
- You will be directed to a page that will request your account information. Fill out all applicable fields and click Continue.
- If you have enrolled in the e-Lert system, the next page will give you two options. Select the option "Please send me a text message with a security code" and click Continue. If you have not enrolled in the e-Lert system, you will only be given the option "Please show me my clue and allow me to enter my secret phrase". If you need assistance enrolling in the e-Lert system, please refer to the following article for instructions: https://kb.siue.edu/66909.
- If you have enrolled in the e-Lert system, a security code will be sent to the cell phone number on file used for receiving e-Lerts. Enter this code in the Challenge Code field and click Continue.
- A new password will be generated and displayed on the web page.
- If you were not able to use the text message tool, choose the option to reset your password using a secret phrase. This page will show the clue created by the user and require the entry of the secret phrase before producing a new password for the account.
Please note that the e-Lert e-ID password reset tool can only be used if you have previously enrolled in the eLert system and provided a valid phone number. If you have not enrolled in the e-Lert system (https://kb.siue.edu/66909) or need additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 618-650-5500.