Blackboard (Faculty) - "TA/Graduate Assistant" Listed as Instructor
This document provides an overview of how to enroll an instructor in Blackboard if CougarNet/Banner lists the instructor as "TA/Graduate Assistant."
If the instructor of record is listed as "TA Graduate Assistant" in CougarNet/Banner, ITS will need to manually add the instructor to the Blackboard course shell.
Your department is required to send the name(s) of the Teaching Assistant / Grad Assistance to the Blackboard Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
. To be added to the list, contact your Department Chair or Program Director.
NOTE: This is not the process to add a TA/GA to a course taught by another instructor. If the instructor of record is listed in CougarNet/Banner and wants to add a TA/GA to the course, please "Add Users to Blackboard
" Knowledge Base article.
How to Determine the "Instructor of Record" in CougarNet / Banner
- Access CougarNet/Banner at http://www.siue.edu/cougarnet.
- Click on Class Schedule.
- Search by Term: click on the drop-down box and select the semester and year.
- Click the Continue button.
- Subject: Select the subject or department
- Course Number: Enter the course number
- Click the Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Identify the section. In the "Instructors" column, listed will be the name of the instructor, "TA Graduate Assistant," and/or "TBA."
- If the teaching faculty is not listed in Banner/CougarNet as the Instructor of Record, the faculty or department must contact the Registrar's Office.