This document provides an overview of how to get an instructor in Blackboard if CougarNet/Banner lists the Instructor as "TBA"
If there is no instructor listed in CougarNet/Banner, the course shell will be created. Students that register for this section will be put on a wait list. When the instructor of record is updated in CougarNet/Banner to be the actual instructor of the course, that instructor will automatically be added to the Blackboard course shell and the students on the wait list will be added.
How to Determine the "Instructor of Record" in CougarNet / Banner
- Access CougarNet/Banner at http://www.siue.edu/cougarnet.
- Click on Class Schedule.
- Search by Term: click on the drop-down box and select the semester and year.
- Click the Continue button.
- Subject: Select the subject or department
- Course Number: Enter the course number
- Click the Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Identify the section. In the "Instructors" column, listed will be the name of the instructor, "TA Graduate Assistant," and/or "TBA."
- If the teaching faculty is not listed in Banner/CougarNet as the Instructor of Record, the faculty or department must contact the Registrar's Office.
- If a TA/Graduate assistant is listed as an instructor send the name(s) of the Teaching Assistant / Grad Assistance to the Blackboard Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.