Blackboard (Faculty) - Known Issue: Drag and Drop Not Working in Course Navigation Menu, Content Areas, and Grade Center
Following the recent Blackboard upgrade, issues have been reported with dragging and dropping items in the Blackboard course navigation menu, in content areas (Coursework, About This Course, etc.), and in the Grade Center. A ticket has been submitted with Blackboard but, until a resolution is discovered and applied, the following is a workaround allowing faculty to re-arrange items in those areas.
This document provides an overview of a known issue with Blackboard where course menu, content, and Grade Center items cannot be moved via the drag and drop.
- Click the Reorder Columns button (indicated by up and down arrows). This button always appears at the right of the screen.
- In content areas, such as Coursework, this is located
at the top-right corner of the page. In the
Grade Center Column Organization area, this is located
on the right side of each grading section. In the course navigation menu, this
is located on the top-right corner of the menu.
- In the "Reorder" menu that pops up, select the item that needs to be moved.
- Click the up/down arrows to move the item to the desired location.
- Click the Apply/Submit button when finished.
Example in Content Area
Example in Grade Center Column Organization
Note that this issue only affects users who have Instructor- or Teaching Assistant-level access in the system; students are not affected by this issue.