Zoom: Invite Others to Join a Meeting (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of inviting people to join your Zoom meeting. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
- Start a Zoom meeting.
- Click the Invite button located in the toolbar at the bottom of the Zoom window.
- You have several options for inviting other people to your meeting:
- Option 1: Click the Copy URL button. This will copy a link to your computer's clipboard. You can then paste it in an email, text, or Blackboard course, for example.
- Option 2: Click the Copy Invitation button. This will copy an invitation message that you can paste in an email or elsewhere. The invitation will contain the URL that others will need to join your Zoom meeting. It will also include other information, such as a description of Zoom and computer requirements.
- Option 3: Click any of the email icons (ex: Default Email or Gmail). This will allow you to send the invitation from Zoom via your preferred email service.
- Option 4 (not shown in image below): If the person you are inviting already uses Zoom, you could simply give them the Meeting ID located at the top of any active Zoom meeting window. For the meeting shown below, the Meeting ID is 517 404 540. Zoom users can open the application, click Join, and enter a Meeting ID to join a meeting.
- Once you send the Zoom information to your guests and they click the join URL, they will appear in your Zoom meeting as a participant. The host will get an alert as new participants arrive.