Apple Mail - Add a Shared Mailbox
This articles provides step-by-step directions to setting up a shared email account on Apple Mail.
Before completing the steps below, make sure your personal SIUE email account has been added to Apple Mail. For instructions on adding your SIUE email account, see https://kb.siue.edu/page.php?id=51566.
- On the Mail menu, click Preferences.
- Select Accounts and click the + (plus sign) in the lower left corner.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a mail account provider. Select Other Mail Account and click Continue.
- Enter the following information and click Sign In.
- Name: the name you want to assign to the shared mailbox
- Email Address: the email@example.com email address
- Password: use any password
- You will see a new window with the message "Unable to verify account name or password." Enter the following information and click Sign In.
- Email Address: the shared_mailbox @siue.edu email address
- User Name: your e-ID@siue.edu\shared_mailbox
- Password: your SIUE e-ID password
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.siue.edu
- Make sure Mail is selected (selecting Notes is optional) and click Done.
- To change the display name of the shared mailbox, click Preferences on the Mail menu. Select Accounts and click on the shared mailbox account in the left-hand menu. In the Description box, type the desired display name for the shared mailbox.