Apple Mail - Add a Shared Mailbox
Before completing the steps below, make sure your personal SIUE email account has been added to Apple Mail. For instructions on adding your SIUE email account, see https://kb.siue.edu/page.php?id=51566.
This articles provides step-by-step directions to setting up a shared email account on Apple Mail.
- On the Mail menu, click Preferences.
- Select Accounts and click the + (plus sign) in the lower left corner.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a mail account provider. Select Other Mail Account and click Continue.
- Enter the following information and click Sign In.
- Name: the name you want to assign to the shared mailbox
- Email Address: the firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Password: use any password
- You will see a new window with the message "Unable to verify account name or password." Enter the following information and click Sign In.
- Email Address: the shared_mailbox @siue.edu email address
- User Name: your e-ID@siue.edu\shared_mailbox
- Password: your SIUE e-ID password
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.siue.edu
- Make sure Mail is selected (selecting Notes is optional) and click Done.
- To change the display name of the shared mailbox, click Preferences on the Mail menu. Select Accounts and click on the shared mailbox account in the left-hand menu. In the Description box, type the desired display name for the shared mailbox.