SharePoint - How to Manage Users on a SharePoint Site
Explains how to add and remove users and change permissions on a SharePoint site.
1. Login to https://siuecougars.sharepoint.com
2. Navigate to the SharePoint site you would like to manage
3. Click User Management under Tools as shown below:
4. To add users, enter the user's e-ID into the field for the appropriate group and click Add. Access levels are defined below:
- Visitors - Visitors have the permission to view the site and download documents. They cannot upload content or post to the discussions.
- Members - Members have the permission to upload/download documents, and post to lists and discussions. They cannot delete content from the site.
- Assistants - Assistants have the permission to upload/download/delete documents, lists and discussion items. They cannot add/remove users.
- Admins - Admins have the permission to add/remove users to the site, upload/download/delete documents, lists and discussion items. They can also edit the look and navigation of the site.
5. To remove users, highlight their name on the right and click Remove.
Users with access will now see the site in their My Sites as shown below:
More resources can be found on the SharePoint webpage here: http://www.siue.edu/its/sharepoint/