ITS Labs & Classrooms - How to connect to V-Lab from a Mac
Issue: How to Connect to V-Lab from a Mac
This document is instructions for how to connect to V-Lab from a Mac computer
Environment: V-Lab (Remote Software Access) - Mac
- Before you login, you'll need to have the Microsoft Remote Desktop application installed. If you don't have it installed already, you can get it from the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12). Please note: Older versions of Remote Desktop will not work correctly!
- Login to the Remote Software service (https://vlab.siue.edu/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/Default.aspx).
- Click on the application you would like to open.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Login with your user name as "campus\e-id" and then enter your password.
- A prompt will appear asking you to choose a folder location to grant V Lab access to. See image below.
7. Click "Select a folder to access remotely" as shown above. Then choose "Browse" . See image below.
8. To ensure V Lab has access to anywhere you may have saved your files, choose "Macintosh HD" as shown below.
User may not be connecting to V-Lab using campus\e-id