Blackboard (Faculty) - Known Issue: "Last Access" Column in Grade Center Displaying Inaccurate Data
This document describes a known issue with the "Last Access" column in Blackboard's Grade Center.
Faculty have reported "Last Access" data showing incorrectly in the Grade Center. For example, a student may appear to have never logged into the course (the "Last Access" column is blank) when they have already submitted assignments or participated in the class discussion board.
Blackboard is aware of this issue and plans to resolve it in a future upgrade (projected for August, 2017).
Until then, faculty are advised not to rely on "Last Access" Grade Center data when making judgements on course participation. Instead, faculty should run the following course report to obtain last access data:
- Go to the Control Panel in your course
- Click to expand the Evaluation section
- Click Course Reports
- Scroll to the "Overall Summary of User Activity" report
- Click the circular drop-down icon to the right of the "Overall Summary of User Activity" report
- Click Run
- Select the student(s) names and set dates that cover the time period of the student access
- Click Submit