Starfish is an early alert, retention and advising system that replaces GradesFirst. Instructors and advisors can use many of the tools within Starfish to keep track of students who might be at risk of not succeeding, academically. They also might use Starfish to send kudos to students whom they feel are excelling. Starfish is also used to schedule appointments with students, keep a digital history of all meetings and notes from those meetings, track attendance and more.
- Allow students to schedule appointments with you
- View a student's file including registered courses, grades, previous appointment notes, etc.
- Complete progress surveys requested by other departments
- Track student attendance for your courses and sections
- Contact students via email from within the application
- Give students kudos for a job well done
- Flag at-risk students for behavioral or attendance related issues
Find more support, tutorials and training here: http://www.siue.edu/its/starfish/index.shtml
- Starfish - How to Set Office Hours (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - How to Manage Office Hours (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - How to Sync your Google Calendar with your Starfish Calendar (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - Search for a Student Record in Starfish (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - Create a SON Success Plan in Starfish (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - Manage a SON Success Plan in Starfish (Faculty & Staff)
- Starfish - Student Success Plan Process (SON Faculty & Staff - Initial Setup)