Blackboard (Students) - Assignments: Submit a Saved Draft
Blackboard Assignments allow students to save a draft for submission later.* The screen you see upon opening a saved draft looks different than the screen you see when you first start an assignment. Follow the steps below to access and submit your saved draft.
This document provides an overview of what to do when you return to a Blackboard Assignment to submit a saved draft.
* Even if you save a draft, always be sure to submit it before the due date. You may not receive credit if you fail to hit submit by the deadline.
- Click the Assignment link in your course (ex: Writing Assignment link in Week 1 course folder)
- You will see a screen that shows your saved submission/new attempt. Click the Continue button on the right side of the screen.
- On the next screen, upload a new file. (You should see any original attachments here if you previously saved them.) Use one of the following methods to upload a file:
- drag and drop the file in the dotted area
- click the Browse My Computer button and locate the file on your computer. Hold down the CTRL/CMD key to select multiple files.
- click the Browse Content Collection button if you have already uploaded the file to this area
- click the Browse Cloud Storage and locate the file on your OneDrive for Business account (Note: this may require an additional login)
- Then click the Submit button to finalize your submission.
- You will see a purple confirmation ribbon at the top of the screen indicating your submission went through.