ProctorU (Students) - Using ProctorU for Online Exams
ProctorU is a proctoring service that can be used for online testing.
1. Download the ProctorU Start Guide
This step-by-step guide explains how to:
- Create a ProctorU account
- Schedule an exam (at least 72 hours in advance)
- Connect with a proctor during the scheduled exam time
- Authenticate your identity and secure your work area for the exam
2. Schedule your Exam
You must schedule your exam at least 72 hours in advance. If your exam is scheduled with at least a 72-hour notice, SIUE will cover the exam fees. However, if you do not provide the required 72-hour notice when scheduling your exam, you will be responsible for the exam fees.
3. Check your equipment
4. Review the Pre-Exam Checklist
Before starting your exam session, make sure you can complete all of the steps on the pre-exam checklist.
5. The day of your ProctorU appointment
- Check your appointment time
- Find a private, quiet location to take your exam
- Have your ID ready (government-issued or institution-issued)
- If you have a built-in webcam, please bring a reflective surface (mirror, cell phone, etc.)
- When it's time, sign into your ProctorU account and connect with the proctor
6. Questions and Troubleshooting
You can contact the 24/7 ProctorU support at 1-855-772-8678.More information about ProctorU is available at www.ProctorU.com.