Blackboard (Students: BSW only) - Portfolios: Create, Edit, and Share a BSW Portfolio
This document is specific to the students enrolled in the Bachelor of Social Work program.
- Log into Blackboard (bb.siue.edu). In the mySIUE section, click the myOrganizations link. Enter the BSW Senior Assignment Portfolios organization.
- You enter the shell in the Portfolio Resources section that contains the information you need to complete this project.
- Click the link for the Portfolios Homepage to access the MyPortfolios page in Bb.
- On the MyPortfolios page, click the Create Portfolio link to begin the process.
- In the Title area, enter a title (ex: BSW Senior Assignment Portfolio).
- In the Template area, click the Select Portfolio Template button.
- On the next page, click the circle next to the BSW Senior Assignment Portfolio and then click the Submit button.
- Back on the Create Portfolio page, click the Submit button to complete this phase.
- On the next page, you will see the basic structure of the portfolio in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Done Editing button to complete the creation process.
- To edit the portfolio, access the MyPortfolios page (via the Portfolios Homepage).
- Click the Edit link for your portfolio.
- In the left navigation pane, click the title of the portfolio section you need to edit. This will load all areas for that section. You will be able to enter text and attach files to the Introductory Statement and Upload areas.
- NOTE: The Overview area contains information and instructions and does not need to be edited; the text in this area will not display in your completed portfolio. If needed, the Overview area can be deleted.
- To add text to the portfolio, click the Click Here to Add Content option in the appropriate area (Introductory Statement or Upload). This opens an editor where text can be typed or pasted. Click the Save button when finished adding text.
- To add a file to the portfolio, click the Add Artifact option in the appropriate area (Introductory Statement or Upload). This opens a window where you can select files that are currently stored in your personal Bb content area. To add files that are not currently in Bb, continue to the next step.
- To add a file not in Bb, click the Add Personal Artifact button at the top of the page.
- On the next page, enter a title for the artifact in the Title field. All other fields are optional. In the Attach File section, click the Browse My Computer link. This opens a dialog where you can select a file to upload. Back in Bb, click the Submit button to finish attaching the file.
- Repeat the above steps as needed to add text or files to the portfolio sections.
- To preserve any changes, click the Done Editing button when finished.
- To share the portfolio, access the MyPortfolios page (via the Portfolios Homepage).
- Click the More link for your portfolio. On this menu, select the Share option.
- On the next page, click the Share a Snapshot With button from the menu and select the Organizations option.
- On this page, click the Browse button.
- On the page that opens, enter BSW in the Search For box and click the Search button.
- On the results list, click the box next to the BSW Senior Assignment Portfolios organization and then click the Submit button.
- Back on the Share page, click the Submit button to complete the sharing process.
NOTE: Sharing a snapshot captures the portfolio in the version at that time. If changes are made to the portfolio, another snapshot will need to be shared so that reviewers can access the most up-to-date version of the portfolio.
Contact the ITS Help Desk (618-650-5500) if you have questions or experience issues when creating, editing, or sharing your portfolio.