Poll Everywhere (Faculty) - Integrating with Blackboard
This article provides tips on grading results captured in Poll Everywhere activities.
There are 3 things to do in order to use Blackboard's Grade Center with Poll Everywhere:
- Import Blackboard roster from the Participants tab in Poll Everywhere - do this ideally at the start of the semester, but it can be done later
- Require registration on graded polls (multiple choice, true/false, or clickable image) - do this BEFORE polling in class
- Run a Gradebook report and export the result back to Blackboard - do this after polling
More Resources for Grading:
- General overview on grading with Poll Everywhere
- Step by Step Guide for Importing Blackboard Roster and Exporting Poll Everywhere Results to Blackboard's Grade Center
Troubleshooting Tips on Grading:
- If you are using the Poll Everywhere/Blackboard Grade Center integration and you do not see your course in Poll Everywhere, check the following:
- Make sure your course is available in Blackboard. It will only show up as an option in Poll Everywhere when it's available in Blackboard.
- Make sure you are listed as the Instructor of the course in Blackboard. As of January 2018, users with TA and Grader roles will not see courses in Poll Everywhere's Grade Center integration.
- Students have to be logged in with their SIUE email addresses in order for their grades to be sent to Blackboard. If you notice student scores showing up as "0" in Blackboard's Grade Center, but you know they participated in class, it is likely that they logged into Poll Everywhere with another email address when they polled in class. Contact ITS for a solution at 618-650-5500.