Outlook Scheduling Assistant (Web App)
This document provides an overview of how to use the Outlook Scheduling Assistant. When you select your meeting attendees, the Scheduling Assistant displays suggested times based on availability on the date and time you selected. This reduces the amount of time going back and forth with team members trying to nail down a meeting time.
1. In the Outlook Web App, click the calendar icon on the left navigation.
2. Click the down arrow next to New and then select Calendar Event. A new untitled event window appears.
3. Enter the details of the event (Title, start and end date and time, etc.)
4. Use the drop down in the "Add people" field to select whether the person you are inviting is a required or optional attendee.
5. Add that person to the invite by typing their name into the "Add People" field. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for additional meeting attendees.
6. Click the Scheduling Assistant icon to display availability for all invitees.
7. You can click in the calendar to set a meeting time that works for everyone, manually change the date/time on the event using the date and time drop down boxes or click on one of the Suggested times to meet options which Outlook has determined to work best for everyone.
8. Click OK when done.
9. Click Send to send the meeting invitation.