Zoom: Cloud Recordings (Faculty)
This document describes how to record a meeting/lecture/presentation to the Zoom cloud. All cloud recording links are active for 30 days. After 30 days, the recording is deleted, and the links are invalid. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
- Start Zoom and locate the menu at the bottom the window.
- If you want to record a PowerPoint presentation or actions on your computer, click the Share Screen button.
- This will bring up a new window asking to select a window or application to share. Select the one that represents what you want in the background on your recording. If you want the sound from your computer to be shared (ex: audio from a YouTube video), select Share computer sound. Click the blue Share Screen button.
(NOTE: The Zoom menu moves to the top of the screen when you click Share Screen.)
- To begin recording, click the More command and then click Record to the Cloud. A blinking red dot will appear near the Stop Share button indicating you are being recorded. Continue with the meeting or presentation.
- To end recording, click the More command and then click Stop Recording. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the Stop Recording button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- To end recording, click the More command and then click End Meeting. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the End Meeting button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- In the popup window, click the End Meeting for All button.
- A notification will appear in the upper right corner of your screen stating "You will get an email notification when the cloud recording is ready."
- You will receive an email from "email@example.com" notifying you when your recording(s) is available. This email contains a view and download link as well as a share link and a link to an audio-only file. Zoom cloud recordings are active for 30 days. If you would like to keep a copy of your Zoom recording for longer than 30 days, download the file to your computer. If you need to share the file for longer than 30 days, see the article Upload to OneDrive and Share the File for step-by-step instructions.
- Your recording will be labeled Zoom_0.mp4. It is recommended that you rename the file to something related to the presentation topic (Ex: Biology Presentation).