Outlook Scheduling Assistant (Outlook 2016 Desktop Application)
This document provides an overview of how to use the Outlook Scheduling Assistant. When you select your meeting attendees, the Scheduling Assistant displays suggested times based on availability on the date and time you selected. This reduces the amount of time going back and forth with team members trying to nail down a meeting time.
Click here to view an instructional video about how to use the Scheduling Assistant in the 2016 Desktop Application or view the step-by-step instructions below.
1. In the Outlook 2016 Desktop application, click the calendar icon on the left navigation.
2. Click the New Meeting button. A new untitled meeting window appears.
3. Enter meeting details and notes.
4. Click the Insert Tab to add any attachments, tables or hyperlinks relevant to the meeting.
5. Click the Meeting Tab to return to the meeting details.
6. Click the Address Book icon to add attendees.
7. Use the search bar to search by last name.
8. Click on a name to select it.
9. Click Required and/or Optional below to add the attendee to the meeting. Repeat for multiple attendees.
10. Click OK when finished adding attendees.
11. Click the Scheduling Assistant button.
12. Or use the Scroll bar or Start/End Date/Time dropdowns to view availability for attendees on a certain date. NOTE: Users will only see if you are Free/Busy unless you give them explicit access to view the full details of your calendar.
13. Click inside the schedule pane to select a time for this meeting.
14. Use the options at the bottom of the window to add more attendees or change the start/end date/time.
15. Click Send to send the meeting invitation.
Click here for instructional videos on how to manage calendars.