Blackboard Ally (Student): Download Alternative Content Formats
This document describes how to download alternative content formats (e.g. download a text file as audio) in Blackboard. Follow the steps or watch the video below. NOTE: This information applies to students in select Summer 2018 courses whose professors have decided to participate in a pilot of the Blackboard Ally accessibility tool. In Fall 2018, this information will be relevant to all SIUE students, as Blackboard Ally will then be implemented across campus.
Follow the steps below or watch this video to learn about downloading alternative content formats in Blackboard.
- Click the circular icon to the right of the content item.
- Choose Alternative formats from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the desired format and click Download.
- Give your file time to download (between 1-8 minutes). If this is the first time the material has been downloaded in the selected format, it will take longer. Each subsequent download will be faster for members of the class, as the first download saves a copy to Blackboard servers where it can be retrieved more quickly.
- When your file is ready, save it to your computer.