Blackboard (Faculty) - Using the Zoom Session Tool
This document provides an overview of how to use the Zoom Session tool within Blackboard to create, view, and manage Zoom meetings.
The Zoom Session tool is used for students to see all upcoming Zoom meetings for their Blackboard course.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Step 1 - Add the Zoom Session Tool to a Course
Add the Zoom Session tool to the Course Menu:
- Click on the + sign in the top-left corner of your course menu and select Tool Link.
- Choose Zoom Session from the drop-down menu, name the link (suggestions: Zoom Meetings, Zoom Sessions, Online Meetings), and check the box to make the tool link Available to Users. Then click on Submit.
- Once created, the link will appear at the bottom of the course menu. Drag and drop the link in the location you would like it to appear on your course menu. If you cannot drag and drop, see this workaround for manually reordering menu items.
- Step 2 - Sign into Zoom and Schedule a Meeting
- Click the Zoom Session tool link. This will either be in the Course Menu or in a Content Area depending on where you added the link. (Note: If you have not added the Zoom Session tool link, view the following articles to add the Zoom Session tool link to a Content Area or to the Course Menu.) If you are not signed into Zoom, you will be prompted to Click here to sign in Zoom to be directed to the SIUE Zoom sign in page.
- Enter your SIUE credentials, and click LOGIN. Then refresh the Zoom page using the Click here to refresh the page after sign in Zoom link.
- Zoom will open within Blackboard. Click on Schedule a Meeting, choose the desired meeting settings, and click Save at the bottom.
- Under the Upcoming Meetings tab, you will see any upcoming meetings you have scheduled (regardless of the course they are scheduled for).
- Step 3 - View and Start a Zoom Meeting
After a meeting has been scheduled, it will be visible under the Upcoming Meetings
tab. To begin the scheduled meeting, click Start.
When faculty access the Zoom Session tool, they will see all
of their scheduled meetings from their Zoom account. When students access the Zoom Session tool, they will see only
the meetings that were scheduled from that particular course within the Zoom Session tool.
If team-teaching a course, faculty will not see any meetings scheduled by the co-instructor. However, students will see all meetings scheduled from the course, regardless of which faculty scheduled the meetings.