Blackboard (Students) - Join a Meeting using the Zoom Session Tool
This document provides step-by-step directions on how to join a meeting using the Zoom Session tool within a course.
The Zoom Session tool is used for students to see all upcoming Zoom meetings for their Blackboard course.
- Navigate to the Zoom link within your course. It should be titled "Zoom Session," "Zoom Meetings," or similar. (Ask your faculty member if you cannot find the link.)
- Your time zone will be displayed at the top of the page. Click Edit to select your time zone. If you are located near SIUE, this will be listed as (GMT-5:00) Central Time (US and Canada).
- Click Join to enter the selected meeting.
- When joining the meeting, your browser will prompt you to either Open or Download & Run. Choose either option and follow the prompts on the screen to finish joining.
- OPTIONAL: Click on Recording Details to view the recording of a previous meeting (Note: This will only be available if your professor has chosen to record the meeting.)