I cannot play sound embedded in a PowerPoint presentation/show
When presentations are shared on OneDrive in Read Only mode, the audio icon cannot be double-clicked for sound. Follow one set of these instructions for playing the presentation/show with sound. Which set of directions works for you will depend on how the presentation was saved and your system.
This article explains how to play embedded audio in a PowerPoint presentation/show when the file is read only on OneDrive.
Start Slide Show from Browser
- Open the presentation or show.
- Click the Slide Show button in the lower right corner.
- Click the play button next to the speaker icon.
- Click the screen to advance to the next slide.
Download Slide Show and Start from PowerPoint
- After you have opened the file in PowerPoint online, click File>Download As>Download a Copy.
- A box will appear letting you know the file is ready. Click the Download button.
- Depending on your browser, the file will automatically go to downloads or will ask where you want to save it.
- Open the file in its current location.
- Open the presentation in Slide Show Mode if necessary.
- Click the speaker icon to hear the audio.