Blackboard (Students) - Portfolios: Create and Edit a Portfolio
This document describes how to create and edit a portfolio in Blackboard.
- Navigate to the Portfolio tool
On the My Portfolios screen (see steps above for help navigating to this screen), do the following:
- Click the Create button
- Give your portfolio a title and click Submit
- Click Page 1 to name the first page of your portfolio.
- Blackboard Portfolios are separated into pages (for main titles, such as "About Me"). Each page has a section (for sub content, such as "Why I Study Science" and "Professional Experience"). More pages and sections can be added.
- Click Save beneath the page title.
- Scroll down. Click Section 1 to name the first section of your portfolio.
- In the text box beneath the section title, type in any text you would like to add. You can also attach Artifacts (content submitted to various SIUE courses), add images, and other attachments.
- Click Save beneath the section text box when you are finished or to save your draft.
- Click the plus sign icon beneath the section text box if you want to add another section to this page.
- To add another page, click the plus sign icon at the top of the left-hand table of contents.
- Continue to add pages and sections, and associated text and other content, until you are finished building your portfolio.
- To edit a portfolio draft, go back to the My Portfolios screen.
- Click Edit in bottom left corner of the portfolio box.