Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Students/Participants)
Breakout Rooms let you meet with a smaller group within a larger Zoom meeting. Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
Joining the Breakout Room:
- When your professor invites you to a Breakout room, a pop-up window will appear asking you to join.
- Click Join. (The invitation window will look slightly different depending on your computer's operating system).
- You will now be in a Breakout Room, likely with a smaller group of your classmates.
- If you chose Later rather than Join, you will need to click the Breakout Rooms button at the bottom of your Zoom window to get back to the invitation window.
- Now click Join Breakout Room.
Asking for Help: