Blackboard (Faculty) - Third Party Content: Adding the RedShelf Tool to a Blackboard Course
RedShelf has partnered with Textbook Service to deliver digital course materials. This article describes how to add the RedShelf tool to a Blackboard course which will allow students single sign on access to their required e-textbooks and digital courseware/homework systems.
The RedShelf tool can be added either to the Course Menu or within a Content Area.
Adding RedShelf to the Course Menu
- Click on the + sign in the top-left corner of your course menu.
- Choose Tool Link from the dropdown menu.
- Choose RedShelf from the drop-down menu. Check the "Available to Users" box. Name the tool link "RedShelf," "RedShelf Course Materials," or something similar. Click Submit.
Adding RedShelf within a Content Area
- Within the content area, hover over Build Content and click on RedShelf.
- Name the tool "RedShelf," "RedShelf Course Materials," or something similar and type a short description for the tool.
- Select Yes under the Permit Users to View this Content option. If you would like to be able to track when students are utilizing the materials via RedShelf, also select Yes for Track Number of Views. Click Submit.