Blackboard (Students) - Join a Zoom Meeting
This document provides directions for joining a meeting by clicking the host's Zoom link.
- Click the link to the Zoom meeting. This link may have been sent to you in an email or shared in a Blackboard course. (Zoom links usually look like this: https://siue.zoom.us/j/#########)
- When joining the meeting, your browser will start the session's launching page. If you have Zoom installed on your device, Zoom will automatically join
you into the session. If you do not gain access to the Zoom session, you
can click on the Launch Meeting button to start the session; if you don't have Zoom installed on your device, click on the Download Now
link to download Zoom Client software. In case you are having
difficulty with the Zoom Client, you can access the session by clicking
on the Join from Your Browser link. Choose either option and follow the prompts on the screen to finish joining.
- In a few moments, you will enter the meeting. Be aware that your web cam will probably be live once you join the meeting.
- Zoom will prompt you to setup your audio connection when you first enter the meeting.
- Click on the Join with Computer Audio button to use the microphone on your computer. Or choose the Phone Call tab and follow the prompts on the screen to use your phone's audio (this is a good option if you do not have a microphone on your computer or if your audio is cutting out.)
- Once your audio is set up, you are ready to participate in the meeting. If you have a web cam, it will likely automatically turn on. If you do not see yourself on the screen, look to the bottom of the Zoom window and click on the web cam icon (it should say "Start Video")