Blackboard (Students) - Join a Meeting
This document provides directions for joining a meeting by clicking the host's Zoom link.
- Click the link to the Zoom meeting. This link may have been sent to you in an email or shared in a Blackboard course. (Zoom links usually look like this: https://siue.zoom.us/j/#########)
- When joining the meeting, your browser will prompt you to either Open, Download & Run, or Join Zoom from the browser window.
- Choose Open or Download & Run.
- In a few moments, you will enter the meeting. Be aware that your web cam will probably be live once you join the meeting.
- Zoom will prompt you to setup your audio connection when you first enter the meeting.
- Click the green Join with Computer Audio button to use the microphone on your computer. Or choose the Phone Call tab and follow the prompts on the screen to use your phone's audio (this is a good option if you do not have a microphone on your computer or if your audio is cutting out.)
- Once your audio is set up, you are ready to participate in the meeting. If you have a web cam, it will likely automatically turn on. If you do not see yourself on the screen, look to the bottom of the Zoom window and click on the web cam icon (it should say "Start Video")