Record a Presentation and Upload it to Your Professor's Stream Video Channel (Students)
This document provides an overview of how to record a presentation in Zoom and share it on a Stream video channel. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Step 1 - Open Zoom/Start a Meeting
Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current
version, check for updates
- Open the Zoom application on your computer.
- If prompted to login, choose the SSO option and login with your SIUE e-ID and password.
- Click New Meeting. Note: If you do not want to start with video, click the drop-down next to New Meeting and un-check the box for Start with Video.
- Click Join Audio Conference by Computer to use a computer headset or internal microphone. Or click the Phone Call option to call in with your telephone.
- Step 2 - Record the Presentation
Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important
security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the
version, check for updates
- Once you have started a Zoom meeting, locate the menu at the bottom the Zoom window.
- If you want to show your video, make sure your camera is enabled. Click the Start Video button to enable your camera.
- If you want to record a PowerPoint presentation or actions on your computer, click the Share Screen button.
- This will bring up a new window prompting you to select a window or application to share. Choose what you want to share (i.e. Screen) and click the Share button at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Note the menu moves to the top of the Zoom window when you share your screen.
- To begin recording, click the More button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Choose Record on the Cloud from the drop-down menu.
- A red dot will appear near the top of the screen indicating the recording has started.
- To stop the recording, click the More button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Choose Stop Recording from the drop-down menu.
(NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the Record/Stop Recording options will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- To make more videos, simply Record and Stop Recording again. Each time you Stop Recording, Zoom produces another video file. To take a break in the recording without creating a new video file, use the Pause Recording option instead.
- When you are finished recording, click the More button and then choose End from the drop-down menu to end the meeting. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the End button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- Click End Meeting for All.
- Zoom will process your recording and upload it into your TechSmith Knowmia account. You will receive an email notification once your recording is available in TechSmith Knowmia.
- Click on either the View Media button or the URL listed within the email to access the video.
- Step 3 - Upload Your Video to Your Professor's Stream Channel