Record a Presentation and Upload it to Your Professor's Stream Video Channel (Students)
This document provides an overview of how to record a presentation in Zoom and share it on a Stream video channel. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Step 1 - Open Zoom/Start a Meeting
- Step 2 - Record the Presentation
Start Zoom and locate the menu at the bottom the window.
- If you want to record a PowerPoint presentation or actions on your computer, click the Share Screen button.
- This will bring up a new window asking to select a window or application to share. Select the one that represents what you want in the background on your recording. If you want the sound from your computer to be shared (ex: audio from a YouTube video), select Share computer sound. Click the blue Share Screen button.
(NOTE: The Zoom menu moves to the top of the screen when you click Share Screen.)
- To begin recording, click the More command and then click Record. A blinking red dot will appear near the Stop Share button indicating you are being recorded. Continue with the meeting or presentation.
- To end recording, click the More command and then click Stop Recording. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the Stop Recording button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- To end recording, click the More command and then click End Meeting. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the End Meeting button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- In the popup window, click the End Meeting for All button.
- Another popup window will appear. Your recording
will automatically begin converting into an mp4 file.
- The folder that contains your recording will automatically open when converting is finished. If you need to get back to it later, your recording file will be stored under Documents or My Documents in a folder labeled Zoom. Zoom further organizes your recordings into folders labeled by date, Zoom version,
meeting name and ID.
- Your video file(s) will be labeled Zoom_#.mp4. Rename the file to make it easier to locate later (Ex: Biology Presentation).
Note: Zoom also gives you an "audio only" output (M4U). Be sure to use the MP4 output if you want to share your video.
- Step 3 - Upload Your Video to Your Professor's Stream Channel