Record a Presentation and Upload it to Your Professor's Stream Video Channel (Students)
This document provides an overview of how to record a presentation in Zoom and share it on a Stream video channel. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Step 1 - Open Zoom/Start a Meeting
- Step 2 - Record the Presentation
- Start a Zoom meeting.
- Locate the menu at the bottom the Zoom window.
- If you want to show your video, make sure your camera is enabled. Click the Start Video button to enable your camera.
- If you want to record a PowerPoint presentation or actions on your computer, click the Share button.
- This will bring up a new window prompting you to select a window or application to share. Choose what you want to share and click the Share button at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Note the menu moves to the top of the Zoom window when you share your screen.
- To begin recording, click the More button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Choose Record on this computer from the drop-down menu.
- A blinking red dot will appear near the top of the screen indicating the recording has started.
- To stop the recording, click the More button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Choose Stop Recording from the drop-down menu.
(NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the Record/Stop Recording options will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- To make more videos, simply Record and Stop Recording again. Each time you Stop Recording, Zoom produces another video file. To take a break in the recording without creating a new video file, use the Pause Recording option instead.
- When you are finished recording, click the More button and then choose End Meeting from the drop-down menu. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the End Meeting button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- Click End Meeting for All.
- Your recording(s) will automatically begin converting to .mp4(s).
- Zoom will automatically organize your recording files in your computer's Documents area in a folder called Zoom. This location should open when the recording is done processing. To get back to it later, go to Documents, then click the Zoom folder, and browse the sub-folders labeled by recording date.
- Your video file(s) will be labeled Zoom_#.mp4. Tip: As soon as your video is processed, rename the file from the generic "zoom_#" to something more meaningful, such as "Presentation on Mitochondria Fall 2020." This will make searching for your file easier if you need to upload/share it later.
- Step 3 - Upload Your Video to Your Professor's Stream Channel