Compressing video using Handbrake for Mac Operating System
This is an overview of using Handbrake for a Mac operating system to compress video to a smaller file size.
Compressing Video using Handbrake for a Mac
1. Open Handbrake
2. Click on Source to select the video you would like to reformat.
3. Destination – Browse your computer to locate an area for you to save your reformatted video.
4. Output Settings – Select MP4 if not already set as default.
5. Picture Settings – You will want to make sure that your video is not going to get cropped
a. Size – click on up arrow to enlarge to the source size. If source size is 1024 then increase width using arrow.
b. Cropping – Set to Custom and set Top, Bottom, Left and Right to “0”
6. Video Tab –
a. Video Codec – Set to H.264 (x264)
b. Click on Framerate dropdown. Set framerate to 30.
c. Quality – Click Avg Bitrate (kbps)Type a higher bitrate for your video – in the box next to Ave Bitrate type 512
7. Now you should be ready to reformat. Press the Green Start button on the top left.