Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin: Using Turnitin Outside of Blackboard
This document provides an overview of what to do if you want to use Turnitin outside of Blackboard.
If you want to use Turnitin outside of Blackboard for student coursework associated with the University, follow these instructions:
1. Do you already have an SIUE Turnitin account and password?
Yes: Skip to step 5
No: Go to step 2.
Not Sure: Enter your SIUE email address and last name on this page. If you receive an error, go to step 2. If you are able to login, skip to step 5.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and put this message in the body of the email: "I would like to use Turnitin outside of Blackboard. Please add me to the SIUE account."
3. When you have been added, you will receive an email from Turnitin with a link to create your password. This email expires after 24 hours.
4. Follow the instructions to create your password and login to Turnitin.
5. Once logged into Turnitin, start with step 2 in these directions:
a. Create a class. The Enrollment Key is whatever you want it to be.
b. Add Assignment
c. Add Students. Students will receive an email with a link to login to Turnitin after they've been added to the Assignment.