TechSmith Knowmia (Relay): Collections (All Users)
This document provides an overview on how to use groups in Knowmia (formerly Relay).
Collections differ from Folders because you can share permissions at the Collection level but not at the Folder level. Folders are best to organize videos in Blackboard where as Collections are meant to organize and distribute videos outside of Blackboard. If you have multiple videos to share with, for example, a committee, you would use Collections.
Create a Collection
2. Feeds at the top of the page display recently added videos.
2. Click on My Collections in the menu to the left. (Knowmia defaults to My Library.)
3. To add a Collection, click on the "+" plus sign next to My Collections.
4. Name the Collection
5. Accept the default privacy level "Only people at SIUE with the link." This will assure that your students have access but the folder is not searchable nor can anyone from the public view the videos.
6. Click Create.
Adding Members to the a Collection
1. Click on Members under the title of the Collection.
You will be listed as the Manager. You have full control over this Collection.
2. Click on Add a Member.
3. Determine the role.
- Manager - Manages media and members, can change Collection settings and delete the Collection.
- Contributor - Can view media and member, can add media to the Collection and remove their own media (but not media that others have uploaded.)
- Participant - can video media and member list. Cannot upload or delete media, members or the Collection.
Enter the member's email. You can only add one user at a time. Click the Add
4. Each member will receive an email notifying their membership in the Collection. Remind students that they will be receiving this and to check their Spam or Junk folder if they do not receive the email.
Share (or Add) a Video with this Collection
The next step is to share or "add" videos to this Collection. The benefit of Collection is that videos are shared with the members, everyone in the Collection is notified of the addition of the videos. Videos can also be shared with many people, (e.g., group project instructions).
1. To add a video to the Collection, return to the My Library tab.
2. Navigate to the folder and video(s) you wish to share.
3. To select one video, click on the cog in the lower right corner of the video and select Share to Collection in the menu.
4. Click the Select Collection drop down box and select the Collection with which you wish to share the video. If you have not created a Collection, you can create a Collection from this box too.
Note that the video will remain in your folder and can be shared with other Collections. Any changes to the video (adding/editing quiz questions, etc.) must be done at the folder level, not within the collection.
5. Click Share Media to Collection button.
Share (or Add) Multiple Videos with a Collection
1. Click the check box in every video with which you wish to share.
2. Click on the cog in the upper right corner and select Share with Collection.
3. Click the Select Share Media box and select the Collection with which
you wish to share the video. If you have not created a Collection, you can
create a Collection from this box too. Click Share Media to Collection button when finished.
Note that the file will remain in your folder and can be shared with other Collections. Any changes to the video (adding/editing quiz questions, etc.) must be done at the folder level.
4. Click the Done button to close the window.
Remove a Video from a Collection
1. To remove a video from a Collection, navigate to that Collection by clicking on the Collection in the left menu.
2. Click on the cog in the video.
3. Click Remove. Note that this will remove the video from the Collection. It will NOT delete the video from your folder.
4. Click Yes to remove the video from the Collection or Cancel if you wish to keep the video.