TechSmith Relay: Adding A YouTube Video to Your Library (All Users)
This document provides an overview on how to upload a YouTube video to TechSmith Relay.
Adding a YouTube video to your Relay account allows you to keep all of your course videos together. Relay also allow you to add quiz questions to existing YouTube videos.
You cannot import a YouTube video that an owner has made private. You will receive an error. Only videos that are made Public can be added to Relay. Nor can you caption a YouTube video that does not have captions.
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/
2. Navigate to the video of your choice. Click on the thumbnail.
3. Click on the Share button. A new window will open.
4. Click on the Copy button. This will copy the URL of the video to your clipboard.
1. Return to Relay. https://siue.techsmithrelay.com/
2. Navigate to the folder/sub-folder.
3. Click on the Create button to expand the menu. Click on Import from YouTube.
4. Paste the URL from YouTube in the box. Click Submit.
5. When the media is processed, you will see the thumbnail of the video.
6. Click on the thumbnail to add quiz questions, set privacy, etc.
Note: You will not be able to add captions if the owner has not captioned the YouTube video. You will also not be able to edit the video.