Fuse is a mobile app that allows you to upload media to Knowmia directly from your mobile device. It is not a mobile version of Knowmia. It is available for iOS.
This is not currently an option for Android systems. The app cannot sync with an SIUE user's Techsmith Knowmia library when using an Android mobile device.
1. Go to your App Store and search for TechSmith Fuse.
2. Open the app on your mobile device.
4. Click on Create to expand the menu. Click on Connect Mobile Device.
5. A window will pop up with a QR code. Click the link at the bottom for load QR code for older versions. Scan the QR code with the Fuse app on your mobile device. Log in on your device with your SIUE credentials.
6. From the Fuse app, click on Settings.
7. Click on Knowmia.
8. Click on Sign in. Scan the QR code on your computer screen with the app.
9. Sign in with your SIUE email. You will be re-routed to the SIUE login screen. Log in with your SIUE e-ID and password.
10. You can record your video directly from Fuse or upload an existing video.
Record a Video on Fuse
a. Click on the camera icon.
b. Click on Photo to take a still image. Click on Video to record a video.
c. Click the Pause button to pause the video. Click the Done icon to save the video.
d. Click the thumbnail in the upper right corner to save the video in Fuse.
Import a Video Previously Recorded
a. From the Fuse Library screen, click Import.
b. Fuse may ask if the app can access your Camera Roll. Click Yes/OK.
c. Navigate to the video and click on the thumbnail.
d. Click Choose.
e. A thumbnail of the video will appear in your Fuse Library.
Click Select in the upper right corner of the screen.
f. Click the video(s) that you want to upload to Knowmia. Click the upload icon at the bottom of the page.
g. Click the Share link.
h. Select the TechSmith Knowmia option.
i. Click the Send button.
Wait while the video uploads.
j. You will receive an email when the video is complete.