TechSmith Relay: Link a Relay Video using a Weblink in Blackboard (Faculty)
This document provides an overview on how to link a Relay video using a Weblink in Blackboard.
TechSmith Relay provides an individual URL (webpage) for each video. You can link to a Relay video using the Weblink tool in Blackboard. Important Note:
While Relay will record the analytics and quiz results in Relay, videos linked used the weblink cannot report back to Blackboard's Grade Center. You must
use the Relay Tool
if you want quiz results to appear in the Grade Center.
below to expand the menus for directions.
- Copy the URL from Relay
2. Navigate to the video.
If this video is to be shared with someone within SIUE, make sure the Privacy permission is set to "Only users from your organization with a direct link." (e.g., students, faculty, staff at SIUE)
If this video is to be shared with someone outside of SIUE, make sure the Privacy permission is set to "Public."
4. Click on Share.
5. Click on Get Link.
6. A window with the video's URL will pop up. Click the Copy button.
Note: If you set the permission to public and email the link, anyone with that link can view the video. There is no way in Relay to designate individual permissions for videos.
- Add a Weblink in Blackboard
- Go to the content area in your Blackboard course where you want your link to appear (ex: Coursework, About this Course, Week 1 folder)
- Click Build Content on the toolbar.
- Select Web Link from the drop-down menu.
- Paste your link into the URL area. (Tip: it is best to copy the link by going directly to the website and copying it from your browser's address bar; or by going to the "Share" window of a web resource, like a YouTube video, and copying it from there.)
- Give the link a name.
- Add any additional information, such as instructions or supplemental resources, in the description area.
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom of the page.