FindTime: How to Access FindTime in Outlook for Mac
Follow these instructions for accessing FindTime in Outlook for Mac.
1. You must first install FindTime. Follow the installation instructions here: https://kb.siue.edu/95430
2. After installing, restart Outlook.
3. Reply to an existing email.
4. Click Find Time in the Apps menu bar:
5. Use the FindTime sidebar to choose the duration of the meeting and use the month and day arrows to find your desired dates. Note: A red bar at the bottom of any date means none of the attendees are available for your selected meeting duration on that day (as indicated by the red arrows in the image below):
6. At the top, FindTime will show you the time slots both you and your invitees are available. All person icons will be green when everyone is available. An orange/red person icon indicates that person is busy on that date and during that time. Hover over the person icons to see who is available and who isn't, or click the blue outlined person icon near the calendar icon to the right to see exactly who is free and who is busy as shown in the image below:
7. Click the time slots you want to offer your invitees. When you select them, they will turn from blue to green. Then click Next:
8. Enter a location for your meeting and check meeting settings to ensure everything is the way you want it. You can remove any selected times by clicking the X next to each option. Then click Insert to email:
9. Your meeting poll will be inserted into your email and the email recipient(s) will have the ability to select which meeting date/time they prefer. Just click Send to send the message:
10. You will receive email confirmations as your attendees submit their preferred meeting times. If everyone agrees on a specific date and time, the meeting will be automatically scheduled and added to everyone's calendar:
11. You can also sign into the FindTime website to see your meetings dashboard, change your default meeting settings and change your notification settings: