Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Overwrite an "In Progress" Attempt
This document describes how to enter a score over a Grade Center attempt that appears to be "In Progress."
- Go to the Full Grade Center.
- Locate the grading cell where the blue In Progress icon appears.
- Click the In Progress icon to reveal a text entry box.
- In this box, type the point value (for "Complete/Incomplete" grading displays that do not factor into overall grades, entering any number value will produce a "Complete" checkmark).
- Press Enter on your keyboard to save the grade and move to the next grading cell.
- The orange triangle in the top-left corner of the grading cell indicates an "In Progress" attempt or the original score was manually overwritten.
- To record additional metadata, such as the date when the student attempted the assignment, click the circular gray drop-down icon in the upper-right corner of the grading cell.
- Choose Quick Comment from the drop-down menu
- Type additional data into the Grading Notes field (these notes are only seen by the instructor).
- Click Submit.