Zoom: Schedule a Meeting and Send an Invitation (Faculty & Students)
This document describes how to schedule a meeting in Zoom, which you can use for virtual office hours or other standing meetings. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
- Go to www.siue.edu/zoom and login with your SIUE username and password
- Click Meetings in the left-hand menu
- Click the Schedule a New Meeting button
- On the next screen, give your meeting a name, set a time and date, and decide on the meeting settings.Three helpful options settings are:
Require a Meeting Password - this let you limit guests to only those invited.
Enable join before host - this lets attendees get into the meeting, even if the host hasn't logged in yet. This is a good option if attendees may want to start meeting/collaborating before the host arrives.
Enable waiting room - this places attendees in a waiting room until the host admits them. This is a good option for faculty using Zoom for office hours, as it prevents students from coming in when you are meeting privately with another student.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, click Copy Invitation to copy a meeting invitation with details such as time, date, and the link to join. Paste this information into an email to invitees.