Zoom: Start a Meeting (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to start a meeting in Zoom. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
Start a Meeting from the Zoom Application
- Open the Zoom application on your computer.
- Click Start with video (enables web cam) or Start without video (disables web cam).
- Click Join Audio Conference by Computer to use a computer headset or internal microphone. Or click the Phone Call option to call in with your telephone.
- In an Internet browser navigate to www.siue.edu/zoom.
- Click Sign In button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Sign in with your SIUE username and password.
Host A Meeting in the upper right-hand corner and then select With
Video On (enables web cam) or With Video Off (disables web cam).
- If you have not downloaded Zoom before, you will be
prompted to install Zoom on your computer. Follow the prompts
through the installation. Your meeting will appear after the
installation has completed.
- Once the Zoom meeting has opened, you will be prompted to join your audio. Click Join Audio Conference by Computer to use a computer headset or internal microphone and speakers. Or click the Phone Call option to call in with your telephone.