Zoom: Schedule a Recurring Meeting (Faculty)
This document describes how to schedule a meeting in Zoom, which you can use for virtual office hours or other standing meetings. The screenshots in this article may not look exactly like the version of Zoom you are running; if not, try updating Zoom on your computer.
- Go to www.siue.edu/zoom and login with your SIUE username and password.
- Click Meetings in the left-hand menu
- Click the Schedule a New Meeting button
- On the next screen, give your meeting a name (e.g. Virtual Office Hours)
- If you would like to make this a recurring meeting, place a check mark next to Recurring meeting under the time settings.
- In the Recurrence drop-down menu, select No Fixed Time
- Near the bottom of the screen, check any additional settings you want for your meeting. Two helpful options are:
Require Meeting Password - Requiring a password will allow only invited attendees to access the meeting room. This may help keep unwanted visitors from attending.
Enable join before host - this lets attendees get into the meeting, even if the host hasn't logged in yet. This is a good option if attendees may want to start meeting/collaborating before the host arrives.
Enable waiting room - this places attendees in a waiting room until the host admits them. This is a good option for faculty using Zoom for office hours, as it prevents students from coming in when you are meeting privately with another student.
- Save your changes.
- On the next screen, you will see a Join URL. Copy this link and share it with the people you plan to meet. For example, professors might paste this link into a their courses under "Office Hours" or send to students directly via email.