Zoom: Enable Live Auto-Transcription (Faculty & Students)
This document describes how to enable Zoom live auto-transcription. Zoom desktop client updates are available on a regular basis. These updates include important security updates and new features. To make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom desktop client, check for updates.
As the host of the meeting:
1. Start the meeting.
2. Click the Live Transcript button on the Zoom control bar.
3. Click Enable Auto-Transcription.
4. Subtitles will be automatically transcribed in real time as you speak.
For additional options, click the little up arrow next to the Live Transcript button:
- Show/Hide Subtitle
- Allows you to show or hide subtitles for your own viewing.
- View Full Transcript
- Allows you to view and Save the full transcript.
- Subtitle Settings...
- Allows you to change the font size, etc.
As the participant of the meeting:
Once the host enables Auto-Transcription, you will see a message saying 'Live transcript is available'
Click the Live Transcript button and choose Show Subtitle.
***Please note the accuracy of the live transcription depends on many variables such as:
- Clarity and volume of the speaker's voice
- Background noise
- Speaker's proficiency with the English language
- Dialects and lexacons specific to a geography or community
If you recorded to the Zoom Cloud your video has been automatically uploaded to your TechSmith Knowmia library, but the captions have not. Either caption within Knowmia or upload the Zoom captions to the Knowmia video.