Blackboard (Faculty) - Require LockDown Browser for an Exam
This document provides an overview of how to set up an exam with LockDown Browser.
Note: Respondus (test authoring software) and Respondus LockDown Browser are two very different software programs, both made by the company Respondus.
- From the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Select the test and click on the drop-down arrow to the left of the test name.
- Click Modify Settings.
- Click the radio button for "Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam."
- Put an optional Password in the box. This is the password that your student will need to know to log into Lockdown Browser prior to taking the test.
- Click on Advanced Settings. Set any of the additional settings if desired, such as allowing students to print, use a calculator, or visit specific websites.
- Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the window.
- LockDown Browser is now required.