Blackboard (Faculty) - Importing Template Shells from Institution Content
This document provides an overview of downloading NURS template shells from the Institution area in Blackboard.
First, download the template file from the Institution Content area in Blackboard.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click on the Content tab near the top of your screen.
- Click My Content to enter the Content Collection.
- Under Content, click Institutional Content at the left side of the screen.
- Click the folder that contains your template (FST 101, PBHE, SOB, SON RN to BS Templates, etc.).
- Hover your mouse over the file to be downloaded until you see the circular, gray drop-down button appear to the right of the file name.
- Click the circular, gray drop-down button.
- Then choose Open from the drop-down menu.
- After you click Open, you might see an option to save the file. If so, choose Save. Otherwise, your computer will automatically save the file in your Downloads folder.
- It is important at this point not to open or unzip the file. Always choose to Save the file, rather than unzip it. If you accidentally unzip it, you can always go back and save it again.
- If you are working with the Safari browser on a Mac and run into trouble with this step, please see this troubleshooting guide.
With the file saved, you are now ready to import it into your new, blank course.
- Go to your new, blank course in Blackboard.
- From the course Control Panel, choose Packages and Utilities
- Click on Import Package / View Logs.
- Click on the Import Package button.
- In the "Select a Package" section, click the Browse My Computer button.
- Locate the zipped export file on your computer. (It is most likely in your computer's Downloads folder.)
- Once you have located the file, attach it by clicking Open in your computer's finder window (note: depending on your computer, the window may look slightly different than what is pictured below).
- Now, back on your Blackboard screen, you should see the export file attached under the "Select a Package" section.
- Finally, under the "Select Course Materials" section, make sure to click the Select All button.
- This tells Blackboard that you want to bring over everything in the course package. This is the most commonly missed step.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to finish the import. Wait for your changes to appear in the class.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble while importing your course template.