Blackboard (Students) - Download and Open LockDown Browser for Chromebook
This document describes how to download LockDown Browser for Chromebook.
LockDown Browser is now available for Chromebook. If you are using a PC or Mac, use these instructions.
- Log into Blackboard.
- From the mySIUE screen, click the LockDown Browser tab.
- Click on the --Download Respondus LockDown Browser-- link.
- From the Chrome Web Store, click the Add to Chrome button.
- A menu will drop down and ask "Add 'LockDown Browser'?" Click on Add extension button.
- When the installation is complete, this page will appear:
LockDown Browser will appear in your Extensions.
- Open LockDown Browser afterward to verify that it installed correctly and to get an idea of how the software functions.You can open LockDown Browser from a shortcut on your desktop or by searching your computer applications.
- When it is time to take your test, open LockDown Browser, log into Blackboard, and navigate to the test in your course.
Note: You will only be able to take the test through LockDown Browser - not through any other browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. If you open the test in a browser like Chrome or Firefox, you will receive a password error that will prompt you to open the test in LockDown Browser.