YuJa - (All Users): Recording Using the YuJa Software Capture Tool (PC)
This article walks you through how to record using the YuJa Software Capture Tool on a PC.
- Log into YuJa at https://siue.yuja.com/.
- Click on Create Recording at the top of the page.
- Confirm the drop down menu is "Record from your Windows PC or Mac." Click on the Start button.
- If the system prompts you to "Open YuJa Software Capture", check the box "Always allow...." This will eliminate this box and automatically open the YuJa Software Capture tool in the future.
Then click Open YuJa Software Capture button.
Software Capture Settings
- The YuJa Software Capture window opens.
- Once the window opens, check the Online green box at the bottom. If the other green box states "Up-to-date" continue. If there is an update, click the Update Available link.
Follow these instructions for more details: Updating to the Latest Version of the YuJa Software Capture for PC Application.
2. Audio: inputs microphone
3. Screen: software on your computer, such as PowerPoint
4. Live stream: we currently do not subscribe to this option
5. Profile: you can change your settings and save as a Profile.
Click on the drop-down arrow next to Video. The first video source will default to your integrated webcam within your device. That may be changed to an external webcam or other video camera within your system. The Video Source 2 must be toggled on to work. This could be an additional front facing webcam to capture the classroom or another video source within your system. If you need assistance setting this up, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 650-5500.
ScreenThe Screen source is your primary computer screen display. If you have more than one monitor, click on Advance Settings and select Duo Displays. If you need assistance setting this up, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 650-5500.
- Once you have your video, audio, and screen settings saved, click the Start button. Remember, you will be able edit the video when you have finished, so don't worry about extra video at the beginning or end.
YuJa will provide you with a 3 second countdown. Don't worry if you don't start right away. You can later trim off any extra video at the beginning or end.
- A small toolbar will appear on your screen. Click the "pause" button if you wish to pause the recording. When you click the pause button again, you will continue with the recording.
Click the "Stop" icon when you are finished recording.
- Click the "Save" button to begin the upload of your video to YuJa.
- A status bar will appear on your screen. When the status reads 100%, return to YuJa for post-production editing/captioning/linking.