YuJa (All Users) - Bulk Download Media Files
This article gives instructions on how to bulk download media files in YuJa.
Bulk download works best when all the files are located in one folder especially if the media are located in multiple folders. Once the media has been moved and downloaded, move the media back to its original folder.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Create a Folder in YuJa
- Move Media into a Folder
- Navigate to the folder. From the menu, click on the drop down arrow next to More Actions. Then click on the Select All.
- The menu will change. Click on the Bulk Download option in the menu.
- A window will pop up.
All Media is Closed CaptionedIf all media selected had closed captioning, select the individual videos to download, or click the check box at the top to select all.In the Burn-in Caption drop down windows, accept the default as None if you do not want the captions to download. Click English in the drop down box if you want captions permanently added to the video. Users will not be able to turn off the captions. Click Request Media at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Some Media is Not Closed Captioned: Single Files Option
If some of the media does not have closed captioning, you will have to option to download the single files or separate files. Selecting Single Files, will give you the option to Burn-in the caption on the videos for those files with captions. For those files without captions, None is the only option.
- Some Media is Not Closed Captioned: Separate Files Option
If you select the Separate Files option, only the media will download. There will be no option to burn-in the captioning.
- Click Request Media to continue.
- The Download Request box will open. Click Close to close the window.
- Your request is being processed and in a few minutes (sometimes longer depending upon the amount and size of your videos) an email will be sent to your SIUE email account. The titles of your videos are hyperlinked. Click on each individual one to download and save the video to your computer.
NOTE: Quizzes and comments will not be downloaded with your video.