YuJa - (All Users): Bulk Delete Media Files
This article gives instructions on how to bulk delete media files in YuJa.
Bulk delete will be useful when deleting the extra "practice" Zoom recordings as well as copies of videos you no longer need. If the media to be deleted is found in many folders, create a new folder and move the media to that folder.
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Create a Folder in YuJa
Folders are recommended to organize your Media Library. Create a folder for each class to organize your class videos. Create separate folders for other content such as Committee Meeting Audio, Professional Development videos, etc.
Create a Folder
- Log into YuJa at https://siue.yuja.com with your SIUE credentials.
- From the toolbar at the top of the page, click on the New Folder button.
- Name the folder. We strongly recommend that you name the folder per your class or topic. For example, BIOL 111 or Committee Recordings. Click Save to continue.
- If you have multiple topics for the course, you will be able to create sub-folders. Double-click on the folder's icon in your media library and repeat steps 2 & 3 to create and name sub-folders.
- Move Media into a Folder
- If you upload media to YuJa but decide to organize into folders, first create your folders.
- Navigate to the thumbnail of the video.
- If there is a topic folder within the current folder, click and hold your left mouse button over the media thumbnail. Drag the thumbnail over the folder. Once the thumbnail is over the folder, a red line will outline the folder. Release your left mouse button and the file will "drop into" the folder.
- If you wish to move the media file out of the existing folder and into another folder, click and hold your left mouse button over the folder in the My Media menu to the left of the window. Once the file is ready to drop, the folder name will turn blue. Release the left mouse button and the file will "drop" into that folder.
- Navigate to the media/folder. From the menu, click on the drop down arrow next to More Actions. Then click on the Select All.
- The menu will change. Click on Delete Media from the menu.
- Type Confirm into the box and click Yes.
- The media is deleted from your Media Library.