Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Download the Grade Center
This document describes how to download the Grade Center in Blackboard. There are multiple reasons you may wish to download the Grade Center. For example, you might want to keep as a backup of student grades (always stored securely on password protected computer) or you might want to enter or configure grades manually when you don't have internet access.
- From the Control Panel, click on Grade Center.
- Click Full Grade Center.
- Click Work Offline near the top-right corner of the Grade Center screen.
- Choose Download from the drop-down list.
- On the next screen you will select what parts of the Grade Center you want to download. From the "Data" section, choose one of these options:
- The Full Grade Center - use this option to get a complete copy of student grades recorded in the Grade Center
- Selected Column - select this if you wish to download only one column or assignment.
- User Information Only - this is a good option if you want a list of students or a printable roster
- From the "Options" section, choose Comma as the Delimiter Type.
- Decide whether to Include Hidden Information, such as hidden assignment columns (Choose yes or no).
- From the "Save Location" section, accept the default: Save to "My Computer."
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Download button on the next screen to open and save the file to your computer.
- Open the file using Microsoft Excel. You may get a pop-up "The file format and extension of 'course' don't match. Do you want to open it anyway?"