Blackboard (Faculty) - Banners: About Banners
This document provides an overview of how to create a banner for your Blackboard homepage.
Banners are a good way to "brand" your course. If you use a Course Pack in conjunction with your text book, you probably already have a banner included. If you do not, you can create your own. A banner is an image that appears at the top of the Home page (Announcements, Planner, Coursework, etc.).
Create the BannerImages should be no larger than 700 pixels (7 inches) wide and 100 pixels (1 inch) tall. The image should be a .jpg format with a resolution of 72 - 100 dpi.
- Go to Cooltext.com/
- Click on the text/logo style.
- Click the Image tab
- Alignment: Centered
- Width: 700px
- Height: 100px
- File format: JPG
- Click Create Logo button.
- Click on Download Image. Save to your computer.
- Open PowerPoint
- From the "Design" tab, click on Page Setup button.
- From the Page Setup box, click on the drop-down menu for "Slides sized for:" and select Banner.
- Add your text, add a background, add any images.
- From the "File" tab, click on Export.
- Navigate to your Desktop.
- In the "File name" box, give the file a name
- In the "Save as Type" box, click on the drop-down menu and select "JPEG File Interchange Format (*.jpg)
- Click Save.
- Click on the "Current Slide Only" box (unless you have created more than one banner).