Blackboard (Faculty) - Banners: About Banners
Banners are a good way to "brand" your course. If you use a Course Pack in conjunction with your text book, you probably already have a banner included. If you do not, you can create your own. A banner is an image that appears at the top of the Home page (Announcements, Planner, Coursework, etc.).
This document provides an overview of how to create a banner for your Blackboard homepage.
Create the BannerImages should be no larger than 700 pixels (7 inches) wide and 100 pixels (1 inch) tall. The image should be a .jpg format with a resolution of 72 - 100 dpi.
- Go to Cooltext.com/
- Click on the text/logo style.
- Click the Image tab
- Alignment: Centered
- Width: 700px
- Height: 100px
- File format: JPG
- Click Create Logo button.
- Click on Download Image. Save to your computer.
- Open PowerPoint
- From the "Design" tab, click on Page Setup button.
- From the Page Setup box, click on the drop-down menu for "Slides sized for:" and select Banner.
- Add your text, add a background, add any images.
- From the "File" tab, click on Save As.
- Navigate to your Desktop.
- In the "File name" box, give the file a name
- In the "Save as Type" box, click on the drop-down menu and select "JPEG File Interchange Format (*.jpg)
- Click Save.
- Click on the "Current Slide Only" box (unless you have created more than one banner).