Blackboard (Students) - Email: Using Email
This document provides an overview of how to use Email.
Access Blackboard Email
- From within the course, click on Email in the Course Tools section of the left navigation menu. If the email link has been deleted, you can access Email from the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Send Email.
- Determine what users will receive this email. Any option that has "All" will not allow you to select individuals. Only options that are labeled "Select" will allow you to select specific users.
- All Users will send the email to all students, faculty, TAs, etc. that are enrolled in the course.
- All Students will send the email only to the students, not to any faculty, TAs, etc.
- Select Users will allow you to select specific users to send the email.
- Select Option - if you have opted to send an email to "select" users, a list of users will appear in a box. Select the users by clicking on the users name to highlight it. By holding the Ctrl key on a PC or Command key on a Mac, you can click on multiple users at one. Once the users have been selected, click the right arrow to send the users' names to the "Selected" box.
- Add a subject and a message.
- Optionally, attach a file.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.