Blackboard (Students) - Email: Using Email
This document provides an overview of how to use Email.
Access Blackboard Email
- From within the course, click on Tools, then click on Send Email. If you have deleted the Tools section from the Course Menu, you can access Email from the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Send Email.
what users will receive this email. Any option that has "All" will not
allow you to select individuals. Only options that are labeled "Select"
will allow you to select specific users.
- All Users will send the email to all students, faculty, TAs, etc. that are enrolled in the course.
- All Students will send the email only to the students, not to any faculty, TAs, etc.
- Select Users will allow you to select specific users to send the email.
Option - if you have opted to send an email to "select" users, a list
of users will appear in a box. Select the users by clicking on the users
name to highlight it. By holding the Ctrl key on a PC or Command key
on a Mac, you can click on multiple users at one. Once the users have
been selected, click the right arrow to send the users' names to the
- Add a subject and a message.
- Optionally, attach a file.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.