Blackboard (Students) - Link or Embed a Video
This document provides an overview of how to link or embed videos in Blackboard.
Videos can be linked or embedded from any tool that has a text box, such as Discussion Boards, Blogs, or Wikis. You can get a video link or embed code by using the Share feature in YuJa or wherever the video is stored.
Link Videos with a Web Link (Web page)
- Highlight the text you want to hyperlink.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link button (it looks like a chain link).
- A new window will appear. In the “URL” box, paste in your copied link text.
- Choose the New Window option from the “Open link in...” menu.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
- Click Submit to share your work.
- This is what embed code will look like. It will begin with <iframe src=http:// and end with </iframe>
<iframe src="https://URL" width="640" height="480" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
- Copy the embed code from YuJa or wherever the video is stored. Make sure that you include the brackets < and >.
- Locate and click on the < > button in the Blackboard text editor.
- A new window will open. Paste the Embed code in the window that pops-up. If there is other text there, paste the embed code after the text.
- Click Save.