Blackboard (Students) - Video: Link or Embed Video
This document provides an overview of how to link or embed videos in Blackboard.
Videos can be linked or embedded from any tool that has a text box, such as Discussion Boards, Blogs, or Wikis. The text box has 3 rows of icons and a box to type text. If you do not see 3 rows of icons, click the downward pointing double arrow to the very right of the box.
Link Videos with a Web Link (Web page)
- In the text box, type in a description of your video.
- Highlight the text by clicking on the words.
- In the second row of icons, click on the chain link.
- A new window will open. Paste the URL (https://...) into the Link Path box.
- Optionally, click on the Target window and select Open in New Window (_blank).
- Click Insert. Your text will be hyperlinked and when clicked, the video will open in a new window. Continue adding text to the text box.
- This is what embed code will look like. It will begin with <iframe src=http:// and end with </iframe>
<iframe src="https://URL" width="640" height="480" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
- Copy the iframe code from OneDrive or Office 365 Video. Make sure that you include the brackets < and >.
- In the third row of icons, click on the HTML icon.
- A new window will open. Past the iframe code in this box. Make sure that the code begins with <iframe src=https:// and ends with </iframe>
- Click Update.
- You will not see the video but you will see a yellow box. The video will be visible after you submit the page.
- Finish adding text and click Submit.