Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Reconcile Grades
This document provides an overview of how to reconcile grades in the grade center.
First, you must follow the steps to create an assignment with delegated grading.
- Create an Assignment with Delegated Grading
- Navigate to the course area or folder where you want to create the assignment.
- From the menu, click/hover over Assessments, then click Assignment.
- Type a name and instructions.
Optionally, attach a file:
In the Assignment Files section, attach a file using the Browse My Computer or Browse Content Collection button.
- On the Due Dates section, enter a date and time that assignment will be due. This will trigger notifications in the Planner and Global Navigation area. This does not set a release date.
- In the Grading Section, enter the point value for the assignment. This is a numeric number, not a percentage.
Optionally, attach rubric:
Attach a rubric for this assignment. See Create A Rubric for more information.
- Optional: Click on the Submission Details link. Determine the Assignment type: Individual Submission, Group Submission, or Portfolio Submission.
In the Number of Attempts, select Single Attempt, Multiple Attempts (enter number of attempts allowed in the box) or Unlimited Attempts.
- Click on the Grading Options link. Select Delegated Grading.
- Change the drop-down menu for each grader under the Submissions to Grade column. The options are All Submissions, Random Set which means they can grade a selected number of students, Groups, or None.
Optionally, set how grades are displayed in the Grade Center.
Click the Display of Grades link. Select how you want the Primary and Secondary grades to be displayed in the Grade Center.
These settings can also be set and changed from the Grade Center column.
- In the Availability Section, set the Display After and Display Until dates and times. This is the dates and times the assignment link is visible to your students.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
After all of the graders have completed grading, the grades can be reconciled.
- Navigate to Grade Center>Full Grade Center and locate the column for the assignment.
- Click the drop-down next to the reconcile grade icon and click View Grade Details.
- On the Grade Details page, click the Reconcile Grade button.
- On the Delegated Grading:Reconcile Grades page, click the drop-down next to Final Grade.
- Select the Highest, Average, or Lowest grade to assign the final grade. The grade will automatically be saved.